Sunday, July 24, 2011

Open House Magnets

Something I like to do for the Open House is get a business-card sized magnet to pass out to families with contact information for both the school and for me. Last year, I designed and ordered mine from VistaPrint. They came out great and were well-received!

This year, I am embracing the creative and economical spirit of Do-It-Yourself for this project. Using my word processor template for business cards, I created a new version of my Open House magnet for this year. Using the business card template, I can print 10 to a page. Here are the how-to's of business card templates:
Microsoft Office Users and Mac Pages Users

Here is this year's edition of my Open House magnet:

My plan is to print, laminate, and stick a small piece of adhesive magnetic tape to the back of each contact card. Adhesive magnetic tape comes in a small roll and is available at many dollar stores. 


This is a quick, fun way to make a lasting first impression. Families will know right away where to go to find important contact information for the school or to shoot you an email message.

No comments: